Hey friends! How is it already the last day in July? I can’t believe the summer is quickly coming to an end. Though, I don’t mind. I much prefer fall weather. It has been SO hot here and I swear, it shouldn’t be allowed to get so hot up here in the Northeast. Anyway, can you tell that I’m just very eager for fall to arrive? Who’s with me?
I know that I have been a bit quiet around here and on social media lately. If you’re a regular around here, you already know that in the spring I was dealing with blogger burnout. I started to overcome it throughout June but I didn’t want to force myself out. Instead, I chose to be patient with myself and the process.
When July rolled around, Instagram decided to roll out some changes that started to negatively affect those of us who use the platform for business. It completely sucked. I’m talking… engagement cut in half or more than half. It’s been very, very bad. Anyway, I’m not here to complain about Instagram all day, haha. But with all of IG’s changes and things I was noticing on social media in general, it all just became too much for me. So, I accidentally took a step back from social media, especially Instagram.
Social media can be a very toxic place. I have always strived to keep a healthy relationship with it but something in me just got so aggravated with it all this month. So, a break was in order. I only posted a few times this month on Instagram and you know what? It felt pretty dang great.
I wasn’t overwhelmed or stressing about what to post next. I wasn’t focused on finding new ways to combat IG’s silly games. I felt free. I felt peace.
I’m glad I took a step back, gave myself grace, and decided to just focus on life. I’ll be easing back into everything blogging and social media over the next month. I want to give myself space and time. Don’t worry, though – I do have tons of ideas in the works.
As always, I appreciate your support!
RECENT POSTS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED:
- How To Make Your Own Way As An Entrepreneur
- Blog & Personal Goals For Quarter 3
- 25 Self-Care Activities To Do Alone
– HAPPENINGS –
- This past Saturday, July 27th, marked 5 years since I started CWS! I am so proud of how this space has grown and I’m forever grateful for it.
- Michael and I are going to be putting our house on the market soon. We bought our house about 2 years ago and we love it, but Michael now works 2 hours away at our church. So, commuting 4 hours to and from every day or every few days is exhausting for him. We love our church and are excited about the future, so we’re looking to sell our home to move out there. There is still lots to be figured out but God has always been faithful and we know He will be again. Please, be praying for Michael and me during this season.
- Speaking of putting our house on the market, we’re working on some little fixes before we do so. We have put so much love and intentional work into our house the past couple of years, so it’s all about the finishing touches now.
- I’m looking forward to moving! Even though I’m an introvert and I enjoy alone time, living in the Poconos has just been extremely lonely for me. We already have some friends in the general area of PA that we’ll be moving to and we’re excited to make new ones, too.
Well, that’s a wrap for today, friends! Once again, I appreciate you and I’m so thankful for your support through all the seasons of CWS. I have some fun stuff coming up soon.
Thanks for catching up with me today! How are you? Tell me what’s going on in your life. Are you excited for fall to arrive? Let’s chat!
Let’s connect! >> Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest
The post CWS Happenings appeared first on Coffee With Summer.